Diageo will be releasing their 2019 Special Releases collection later this fall. A collection selected by Diageo master blender Dr Craig Wilson. ‘Rare by Nature’ is this years theme and will be a collection of 8 rare bottlings from the company’s different distilleries.
Even though they are not released yet and no prices available, Diageo have released what whiskies are on the list. Definitely some really exciting ones on the list that we can’t wait to try! None from Cao Ila or any blended malts this year, but we’re not complaining! Have a look and see what you think.
“Each transports you to its heartland, connecting you to that particular part of Scotland and the very people who shaped each dram.”
- Dalwhinnie 30 Years Old – “An extra matured and unusual older expression which retains its undeniably gentle character.”
- Lagavulin 12 Years Old – “A truly spirited, yet youthful expression from our iconic islay distillery, our home for over 200 years.”
- Mortlach 26 Years Old – “The beast of Dufftown at its most impressive.”
- Pittyvaich 29 Years Old – “A rare sighting from this ghost distillery that delivers a mature and smooth single malt.”
- Talisker 15 Years Old – “A sweet, yet deep and spicy bottling layer with unmistakeable maritime flavors.“
- Cardhu 14 Years Old – “A supremely elegant and unique expression of our warm-hearted speyside scotch.”
- Cragganmore 12 Years Old – “A complex and intriguing bottling that combines Speyside elegance with a touch of spice and smoke.”
- The Singleton of Glen Ord 18 Years Old – “A different and delicious spicier expression previously never bottled.”