We have received our long awaited shipment of the Octomore 10.4 release.
Most of us here are big fans of the heavily peated whiskies, and you can’t talk peated without mentioning Octomore! This one is a bit more out of the norm being the youngest ever released at 3 years! Don’t let that put you off. They have managed to give some great depth and balance in 3 years that some can’t do in 10. The Scottish barley and Virgin Oak used in this one really works. There have definitely been Octomore releases that have been misses for me, but this one is more in the hit column. While by no means is my favourite release, I am still happy with the outcome.
Great earthy flavours of smoked wood chips used for BBQs and warming apple cider feelings. Dry with a citrus vanilla swirl in there!
Here are some 10.4 facts from Bruichladdich:
– MALTED TO 88PPM
– DISTILLED IN 2016 FROM THE 2015 HARVEST OF CONCERTO BARLEY
– 100% SCOTTISH BARLEY
– MATURED ENTIRELY ON ISLAY FOR THREE YEARS
– FULL TERM FRENCH VIRGIN OAK MATURATION
– BOTTLED UNCHILL-FILTERED AND COLOURING FREE AT BRUICHLADDICH DISTILLERY, 63.5% ALC. / VOL
– LIMITED TO 12,000 BOTTLES
Grab a bottle for yourself! RIGHT HERE!