With the weather getting better, the thought of sitting outside with a nice cocktail just sounds glorious. So I had chat with everyone around here and decided to put together a list of some of our favourite American whiskey cocktails!
Kentucky Buck – w/ Maker’s Mark
A harvest of sweetness and spice with fresh strawberry, citrus, bourbon and ginger beer. Just right for right now, this buck gets its perfect kick from deliciously bold Maker’s Mark.
- 2 parts Maker’s Mark Bourbon
- 1/2 part fresh lemon juice
- 2–3 whole strawberries, hulled
- 1 dash Angostura Bitters
- Ginger beer
- Fresh strawberry for garnish
FORBIDDEN SOUR – w/ Elijah Craig
Take your whiskey sour to new heights with this Bourbon & Pomegranate cocktail.
- 1.5 oz. Elijah Craig Small Batch Bourbon
- 1 oz. Pomegranate Flavored Liqueur
- .5 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- .5 oz. Simple Syrup
- 2 dashes of Angostura Bitters
Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice and shake until well-chilled. Strain cocktail into glass. Garnish with a lemon wheel.
MINT JULEP – w/ Knob Creek
- 1 1/2 PARTS Knob Creek
- 2 BUNCHES mint
- 1 PART simple syrup
- 1 SPLASH soda
- In a julep cup, mix the mint sprigs with simple syrup and a splash of soda.
- Add fine crushed ice and pour in the bourbon.
- Lift out two mint leaves for garnish.
- Add powdered sugar over mint to add an optional frosted appearance.
Handsome Devil – w/ Smooth Ambler
- 2 oz Old Scout American Whiskey
- .75 oz Lillet Blanc
- .75 oz Simple syrup (1 to 1)
- .50 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Dashes of Peach Bitters
- 3 Mint Leaves
Combine all of the ingredients in an ice filled Boston Shaker. Shake thoroughly then double strain into a chilled rocks glass that is filled with ice. Garnish with a twist of Orange.
Sugar Shack – w/ WhistlePig
- 2 oz WhistlePig Rye Whiskey Aged 10 Years
- ¼ oz Maple Syrup
- ¾ oz fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ oz Blackberry Simple Syrup
- ¼ oz Pimento Dram or Allspice Dram
- 2 dashes Maple Bitters
- Star Anise for garnish
- Add all ingredients to a shaker.
- Add ice to the shaker.
- Fill your favorite tiki mug with pearl ice.
- Strain into mug.
- Garnish with star anise and your favorite tropical adornments.